Thread: Body Mounts need answers help me!!

Question Body Mounts need answers help me!!

HEY i need some help with some one who knows blazers well and here looks like the place where ppl know what they are sayin..
    uhmm i purchased a 85 blazer for 600 bucks and the only think wrong is the body mounts are rotten.. now i can get new ones made for it just i dont know if it would be easier to try to body drop it.. is a bosy drop done by relocating the mounts??
    taker easy if shes real easy taker twice

Just get new mounts. A body drop consists of channeling the body over everything, that includes the floor. It requires some mount relocation, but that's about 5% of the job. Try Pep Boys or Auto Zone.
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

hey would it cost alot to get new mounts welded in??
    and im canadian so keep that in mind

at aplace like pep boys i mean by my last reply.. any one else know what i can do,,?

non posting whore
    no hearmescrape i thought u knew everything dick. "bosy drop" wtf is that?anyways a bd is done by cutting all around the edge of the cab and bed and raising the floor up b/t 3 and 5 and a half inchs and weldin it all back together and all the other fun things that come with a bd. im only busting ur balls in every post b/c u started shit by saying i had slow bags. " how do i get in with shaved handles" member that post stupid?<onelow> pssst got bags
    Motionthree.com (610) 960-2921

Slow Ride

Body Mounts

There are companies out there that make aluminum puck instead of rubber puck body mounts. The ride quality goes down some but the aluminum mounts are thinner than rubber so you can get the body of a Blazer to sit as low as a trucks body.

There's made out of aluminum?? Like solid aluminum?
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

Slow Ride

YUP

THEY ARE MACHINED OUT OF SOLID ALUMINUM.

STIFFENS THE CHASSIS UP TOO.

WATCH OUT FOR TOO MUCH HORSE POWER AND NO CAGE. THEY HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO BLOW OUT WINDOWS FROM BODY FLEX.

hearmescrape -

you can buy the full Energy Suspension polyurethane body mount kit from summit racing or jegs...its in the area of $225 if i remember correctly. People say it makes the truck REALLY stiff...

but anyway, you can do it yourself. Ive never done this job, (one of the few blazers jobs i havent done....YET) but its seems relatively simple.

body dropping is a whole other process...lots and lots of work. It involves cutting the floor wherever it meets the body, raising the floor up, and the rewelding it, so your body actually sits lower.
    this is a test of the sig