Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: tUrbO?

Knob Noster Occupation: Pimping you out. Photoshop Diety.
    Originally posted by 4x4
    i think blazerinthework is getting in over his head with this thirst for horsepower
    yo blazerinwork, i heard that if you just remove your hood, it acts as a 'universal' turbo and supercharger, and you can gain as much as 45-55% more hp!!! try it!!!
    He asked a serious question, i think the best interest of everybody on the forum is to give him a serious answer, and not all this :bs:.

myk

lol calm down anyone with half a brain would know i was being a dick
    i was actually thinkin about it last night cuz i remembered seeing a car on the road without a hood, it wouldn tmake any difference because the air is not channeled right?

Knob Noster Occupation: Pimping you out. Photoshop Diety.
    Technically it depends on the slope of your hood and stuff, it would help dissapate heat faster though.

myk

Based on the level of your questions and responses, building your own turbo setup is going to be a challenge for you. So many things come into play to optimize a turbo. Each item, if not corrected, will damage the motor and/or turbos more so than even a supercharger.

If you can buy a "bolt on" turbo kit, you will might have a chance.

why not just ride your bike

ok i kidna didn;t reead teh original post but ia m bgonna post what i think anywya... first of all good luck findign a botl on twin turbo kit.. haha... andywya evne a ssingle turbo or supercharger is mroe work then u think.. IMO its not realyl jsut a botl on.. sure u can bolt something on a stock motor.. and u probablty won;t be able to run much boost or anything... even if u wanted twin turbos u'd probably have to rtear the whoel engien apart to beefen up teh bottom end for the shit load of power and shit load of boost u'd be making.. superchaerger is a fairly nice idea... i don;t knwo much about it.. but i woudlnt; think teh computer would liek ti too much.... i don;t even think ther is a supercharge kit for pre-96 engines... its a lot of wok man.. don;t consider any of htis simply bolt on stuff.. if u don;t really know what u r doing.. and if ur nto willign to put in a lot of time and money then i woudlnt; evne consider doign any of this.. now obviously a v8 convo. is a cheap and economical way to go.. its a lot of work.. but not realyl that much... that is if u knwo what u r doign.... now as for v6 compared to v8.... its probably cheaper to build a v8... but v6 making say 200hp in a car is comparable to a v8 making 300hp in teh same car (IMO).. becaseu the v6 weighs less. i mean its all jsut power to weight distruibution.. the 4.32 is jsut a SBC with two cylinders cut off.. so it can make power easy

i don;t know if i got off topic there or what.. i jstu kidna started typing....

JOrdan
    1988 s-15 jimmy
    500hp 383
    700r4
    4.10s posi

Pimpin Once Again blazer88FastNLo's Avatar
    you can buy a bolt on turbo kit for about $3000+ but you still need to go through and beef of the block if your gonna run it down the track alot

but the guy who spent less than $2000 on a twin turbo project had a sweet ass 10sec 351 stock pistons and everything.

do a v8 or enjoy the v6 or if you have money pay someone to set this up for you

here finally found the link, its a ford but just do everything the same on a chevy engine

http://www.toohighpsi.com/BudgetTT/BudgetTT.htm
    R.I.P. Allison Campbell R.I.P. Gone But Not Forgotten 1984-2002

i bought a turbo for my jimmy for $45 buck reconditoned from a guy out of the states the thing is awesome i just have to put her in some day after i get the b/d done
    check her out

http://www.jimmyrig.net

you need a lot more than just a turbo, you need alot more shit

well yea i know i have most of the other stuff as well that i had laying around the shop
    check her out

http://www.jimmyrig.net

Search Button Mod BlazerINtheWork's Avatar
    i think i'm gonna just buy the shit and leave it at the shop for a week and build a tab. i know i can't put on a turbo or drop in a v8 by my self, even with half drunk friends. someone said it before in the forum "custom", i didn't want to go the v8 route becuase it seems everyone is doing that. and NO i didn't decide to go with the twin turbos becuase someone mentioned a supra( i have seen one with the turbos, nice........)
    Originally posted by Baggd2DaXtreeme
    anyone who posts regularly and doesnt donate is a freeloader.
    Quote Originally Posted by banginjimmy(in reference to BlazinLow) View Post
    There are those times where its simply better than real life
    4 Door Love

not everyone is going the v8 route b/c some cant afford it. it just seems like everyone is b/c a few people on here from each state has a v8 blazer.

most people do it for the power. but around my home about 3-4 people at the most have v8 blazers and they only get driven on the weekends or to shows. either way you get some kickass power

i think the best way to go would be to get a typhoon turbo manifold, turbonetics t3/t4 turbo, custom piping, blow off valve'
    blitz turbor timer/boost meter, then have your ecu remapped.
    but you would need lower compresson piston,s and rings, stronger gaskets are a must if you're gonna go with big boost
    (20 psi or higher). if you do that you shold be pushin 400 to 425 hp with that setup. it would probab;y cost anywhere between
    3500 to 6000 but it would be money well spent

:bigthumb:

oh yeah a fuel pressure regulator and bigger injecteros are a plus. a stronger inition system would really help as well

Search Button Mod BlazerINtheWork's Avatar
    urg, i'm gonna have to go into seriuos save mode.
    Originally posted by Baggd2DaXtreeme
    anyone who posts regularly and doesnt donate is a freeloader.
    Quote Originally Posted by banginjimmy(in reference to BlazinLow) View Post
    There are those times where its simply better than real life
    4 Door Love