Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: tUrbO?

yeah but thats what it takes man. just buy a little at the time man .
    Have you ever been kissed by a goat?

Search Button Mod BlazerINtheWork's Avatar
    i think i'm gonna get it all done at once. do it like a band-aid and just get it over with real fast. if i keep to my saving plan i should be good to go around the begining of spring. maybe my scanner will work by then and i'll post some pics. thanx for all your replies, you have helped out alot.
    Originally posted by Baggd2DaXtreeme
    anyone who posts regularly and doesnt donate is a freeloader.
    Quote Originally Posted by banginjimmy(in reference to BlazinLow) View Post
    There are those times where its simply better than real life
    4 Door Love

Get all you money together. Keep doing research! Your plans will change several times between now and when you do the build, but that is half the fun.

.........come on lotto come on, lol:D
    4 Door Love

lol
    Have you ever been kissed by a goat?

i can hardly wait untill i start
    4 Door Love

I don't generally contribute much in this section of the site, but I kinda feel like I just had to chime in with something really quickly. First of all, I will go on record as saying, I am lifting my Blazer, not lowering it, and I have considered a v8 conversion a lot. Why? Not because of the HP but because of the torque...but that's beside the point. I always think it's funny when someone says something like "there's no point in __________" fill in the blank. This the world of custom trucking...or in broader terms...custom automobiles in general. There's nothing practical about anything we do. Nothing! Go look in some of the other forums and you'll find posts about guys trying try to rig up gull-wing doors to their Blazers. Why? You couldn't park anywhere and open the doors? You see guys dropping their Blazers 6" when they know damned well they'll run on every speed bump. You see guys putting 10,000 $ into their sound system so that they can make it able to play so loud, that they'll never be able to turn it all the way up. You'll see guys spending 10k on a set of Sprewell "spinners" just because they keep moving when you stop. You'll see guys grafting on 2nd gen beds to first gen trucks just because it looks neat. You'll see guys shaving off their door handles, or putting off road tires that will shred on pavement on their every day rides.

Why do we do these stupid things? Because it's creative, because it makes us happy. Because we're taking something that you see 50 of ever day and making it so that you'll never see another one like it.

If you want to turbo a v6...go for it! V-8 conversions, whether easy or not, are pseduo-common in the trucking world. I can't remember ever seeing a single turboed V-6 Blazer. It'd be even more unique if you wanted to do something like run a twin turbo set up.

On the other side...v-8 conversions can be bomb ass too. Throw a Tuned Port Injected 5.7l out of a camaro or firebird and dawn an evil laugh every time you hear the low masucline rumble of the exaust.

The point is...do what you want because for the simple reason that it is what you want. Either way, you're gonna be a hell of a lot cooler than your average Blazer, and either way, whenever you pop the hood people are going to be impressed. Don't shun soething you want to do because a different approach is more popular. The last thing you should ever do if you're seriouse about creating a custom automoble is try to be like everyone else...sort of defeats the point you know.

Anyway...sorry for the rant...just be yourself and if you're going to make it custom...make it truly custom.

=X=

need help on how to install a turbo timer

Wow..... Way to bring a 10yr old thread back from the dead....
    '50 Chevy Styleline... aka Voodoo Sled... 4dr to become a 2dr... choptop to come... 5.3/4l60e to come... bagged and laid out to come...
    Build Thread

'88 Blazer... Dropped 6in.. suicide hood... suicide doors... handmade one-off phantom grill... shaved bumper... shaved cowl... shaved doorhandles... frenched license plate... 350/TH350....My Blaz Page Check out my Suicide Hood How-to Suicide Hood Pics

Kinda would need to know what turbo timer, and what engine, going in what vehicle.
    Google works wonders too.