Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feelin' like............

Question Feelin' like............

an idiot here! I need help. I hade some bad plug wires, so I went out and bought some new ones. I have an accel distributer and changed each plug wire individually so not to confuse them. I had to remove the distribiter in order to do this. Got all of the plug wires and distibutor back into the same position it was before and now it won't start! What's the deal?!!!:confused:

layin' crossmember-member uglyjed's Avatar
    MAKE SURE ALL THE WIRES ARE COMPLETELY SEATED, ESPECIALLY THE COIL WIRE....ANOTHER SURE FIRE WAY TO CHECK IF YOU ARE GETTING FIRE IS TO PULL A PLUG, CONNECT THE WIRE, TOUCH THE PLUG TO THE BLOCK WHILE SOMEONE STARTS THE TRUCK...IF IT SPARKS-YOU GOT FIRE....
    Always under construction always learning.

Originally posted by uglyjed
    ....ANOTHER SURE FIRE WAY TO CHECK IF YOU ARE GETTING FIRE IS TO PULL A PLUG, CONNECT THE WIRE, TOUCH THE PLUG TO THE BLOCK WHILE SOMEONE STARTS THE TRUCK...IF IT SPARKS-YOU GOT FIRE....

yea uhmm.. id like to clarify something.. make sure someone ISNT holding the plug while your doing this lol.. it might hurt a lil...
    WWW.HAGGARDFAB.COM

//NC\\
    Negative Camber

Pimpin Once Again blazer88FastNLo's Avatar
    if you hold the boot it wont shock, if you hold the thinner coated wire it will shock you
    R.I.P. Allison Campbell R.I.P. Gone But Not Forgotten 1984-2002

may sure your not 180 out, turn the distributor around.
    4x4 blazer 350 365 hp-700r street/strip conversion,megashifter,sanderson headers,oil pan, mounts, Holley 650, dual plane INTAKE,ACCEL HEI,alum radiator, NEW PAINT CAMILLION BLUE/ SILVER SS STRIPES

Banned
    all you gotta do too is take one of the coil wires and have someone turn the engine over a few times and have the coil wire close to metal or something it will attract to and see if it sparks.. Blue spark is meaning it firing the best and if its red.. no good firing...

well, you know better than i do then!
    4x4 blazer 350 365 hp-700r street/strip conversion,megashifter,sanderson headers,oil pan, mounts, Holley 650, dual plane INTAKE,ACCEL HEI,alum radiator, NEW PAINT CAMILLION BLUE/ SILVER SS STRIPES

Here we go again..............

Found out after replacing the coil, rotor and distibutor that my baby has jumped time. Something different every week! So I have to dish out another $250-$300 ,I don't have, to get a new timing chain, and all the goodies along with it, put on the Blazer! Since I bought this beauty 3-4 months ago I have spent over $1000 just to keep it running. Goes to show, always get your vehicle checked out by a pro before you buy it. Bad thing is that I bought it from a mechanic. Hopefully I'll have it back on the road soon.:nono:

Pimpin Once Again blazer88FastNLo's Avatar
    $250-$300 good lawd thats a lot. a timing chain cost about $20 from autozone get a friend to put it on for ya and save a bunch
    R.I.P. Allison Campbell R.I.P. Gone But Not Forgotten 1984-2002

Problem............

Don't know anyone around here that does.........just not a good ole boy from Mississippi.........I just work here!

Knob Noster Occupation: Pimping you out. Photoshop Diety.
    Damn, that much for a timing chain? I agree with blazer88, you're getting ripped.

no.......

Timing chain is like around $20-$30. It's the labor that wil kill me. But a light at the end of the tunnel has appeared. My step-bro in Georgia will be in the area for Thansgiving, so he and my dad are going to come up from Mobile the friday after and help put this bad boy on.

Knob Noster Occupation: Pimping you out. Photoshop Diety.
    <<knew that the timing chain didn't cost that much, was just saying that it's a rip that they'd charge that much just to put it on, it's not even an hours worth of work. But that's how a lot of shops are nowadays.

myk

how do you know your timing chain is the problem?
    RUN WITH SIZZORS!!!, I DO!!!

94 sonoma ext cab daily

86 blaze 2 dr 2wd ... v8 and layd on 18's

cause.............

it jumped time.........Hey otter.....where you from in Missouri? My family is from down in the bootheel......New Madrid-Malden area. Plus i'm about to be transferred back to St. Louis! Thank you Lord!!!!:bigthumb: