Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feelin' like............

V8 Blazer Member
    sounds to me like you just put the distributor back in the wrong position. If it worked before, you pulled the distributor..... you've checked all teh plug wires. Ding ding ding...... distributor is in wrong.... Check it out save some money
    1984 S-blazer, ram air hood, billet grill, lowered 2/3, 17" TT's, 330HP gm crate, T-56 6 speed,McLeod clutch,poly bushings, kyb monomax shocks,autometer guages.

Did that............

Checked the distributor and changed the module.........still a no go until I replaced the coil and it cranked over but was not running right at all. SO it had jumped time.

I know how you guys feel, I still have to drop it 3" put on rotors and brake pads and buy an exhaust. I have a leak in the trans pan so, I know it's always something
    4x4 blazer 350 365 hp-700r street/strip conversion,megashifter,sanderson headers,oil pan, mounts, Holley 650, dual plane INTAKE,ACCEL HEI,alum radiator, NEW PAINT CAMILLION BLUE/ SILVER SS STRIPES

get a compression gauge before you go through all this trouble if you get compression on all 8 chain is fine i bet you got your distrubitor in wrong it happened to me... do you know to get the engine a TDC (0) on #1 cylinder compression stroke and put the distrubitor in with the rotor pointing at #1 wire? try that if you havent already. the timing chain is just that a chain- its hard to break!!
    93 typhoon toy #1
    90 s10 sbc n20 9" track toy #2
    96 s10 ext cab 4.3 beater
    98 s10 ss- RIP
    91 s10 383 stroker- sold
    89 s10- sold

In order to set the timing to get it to start follow these steps:

1. Pull out #1 spark plug.
    2. Cover the plug hole with your finger or thumb.
    3. Have someone "bump" the starter until you start to feel compression.
    4. Now look for the timing mark on the harmonic balancer coming up.
    5. Bump the starter again or turn the motor by hand until you line up the timing mark on TDC.
    6. Now drop the distributor in. The rotor should be pointing in the general direction of #1 cylinder.
    7. If it's pointing the opposite direction, pull it back out, turn it 180* and drop it back in. *****If it's off 20*or 30* you can use a long screwdriver, stick it down the hole for the distributor and turn the oil pump driveshaft until you reach your desired position.
    8. Now while putting the distributor cap back on it try to make sure the #1 plug wire is lined up with the distributor rotor.
    9. SHOULD FIRE RIGHT UP..........
    10. Check your timing with a timing light.

If the mark is jumping around while looking at it with a timing light (keeping a constant engine RPM) then the timing chain is probably stretched.
    Originally posted by Blazin Low:
    In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire Tony Low
    :D

Already lined up number one and when it finally cranked it had no kind of power. That's why I think the timing chain was an old used one when the guy I bought it from rebuilt the engine. SO i'm gonna just put a new one in and make sure it is in time. Hopefully get it done next week. I'll let ya know. I need it because I may be trasferring to St.Louis with in the month and I need a ride because the wife drives the Burb! I hope it will be fine after this!

what kind of distrubitor you got ?? if an autozone replace it it cant hold time acts like timing chain
    93 typhoon toy #1
    90 s10 sbc n20 9" track toy #2
    96 s10 ext cab 4.3 beater
    98 s10 ss- RIP
    91 s10 383 stroker- sold
    89 s10- sold

Not sure............

I think the mech got it from one of the local private stores, not autozone or Advance.

Feeling like it will never be finished. $3,600.00 and counting, still need brakes and exhaust. the muffler shop said to lower it first ,
    then bring it in foe exhaust. anyone know why?
    4x4 blazer 350 365 hp-700r street/strip conversion,megashifter,sanderson headers,oil pan, mounts, Holley 650, dual plane INTAKE,ACCEL HEI,alum radiator, NEW PAINT CAMILLION BLUE/ SILVER SS STRIPES

BlaznGN- Sometimes when you lower a vehicle, the exhaust pipe won t be able to go over the rear axle like factory, but its all in preference of where you want it to exit. That's my 2 cents.
    I finally hit a hundred posts and I still dont feel satisfied...

Thanks, at least I know why he said that. I know it's only a few hundred more to lower it but, I getting impatient.