Thread: 2 questions

2 questions

i am planing on droping a 350 into my blaze, and am wondering if the chevy ram horn exhaust manifold will work? just cus they exit stright down and in the middle. and i want to know if they will have any clreance problems. I got some for free the other day off my buddie. and #2 will the gauge cluster out of a second gen fit into a frist gen? thanks for you help.

#1 i believe i remember someone saying the mnifolds will NOt fit

#2 it wont bolt rite in but with a LOT of modification it could be made to fit..
    WWW.HAGGARDFAB.COM

//NC\\
    Negative Camber

THey will not work. They will hit the motor mounts.

As far as the guage cluster, you asking about just the cluster, or the whole dash? Either way, its a bunch of mods to get either in.

You could probably do your own easier with aftermarket gauges. Thats my plan.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

For factory manifolds in 2WD S10, I'm currently using early 90's BUICK station wagon V8 manifolds. Get all the Bolts and I even maintained the factory heat shields. These run the exhaust passage plenum higher than some other factory manifolds allowing you to set the motor lower. plug the EGRs with 1/4" pipe or if you can find 70's V-8 Monza manifolds some off these these were non-EGR "smooth" castings. I can send pictures if you want.

I've also used Hooker 1 3/4" super comps with a tube that goes outside the frame (didn't like them as the slip joint leaked and the additional leverage of the tubing kept gaskets wearing out. I've also used the Sanderson s-10 headers (ok but I was running a 5-speed and had to clearance #5 header tube alot to clear the clutch master cylinder Also had to beat the passenger floor board up alot to clear.

#1.. Ram Horns.. NO.. but 83 up Camaro manifolds will also work. Look for them off a 350 TPI. They are a bigger outlet than the 305 version.

#2 If it's a digital dash, you gotta be at the expert level in the wiring depatment.
    Originally posted by Blazin Low:
    In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire Tony Low
    :D

I but a 350 in my blazer and i started to look at the steering column relocation portion of the swap and i decided to buy a set of headers from hooker out of jegs for $100 bucks. whatever you do GOOD LUCK
    NOS is like a hot chick with a STD, You know you want to hit but your afraid of the consequences!